Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ostomy Life is good...


It's been 3 1/2 weeks since my surgery and I can't believe how much better I'm feeling week by week. Things I have learned in the past three weeks:

- my family and friends are incredible, calling on me, looking after me, ensuring I have everything I need.

- stress is as hard on my family and friends as it is on me... we've all had some tears and anxiety, and it's brought us closer.

- NOT having to rush to the bathroom 20x a day with extreme urgency is such a novelty after the past three flaring years.

- My fello Ostomites are right - you CAN wear your own clothes and nobody knows!

- Moderation is required - overdoing fiber in the form of meal-size salads is guaranteed to cause a day-long belly-ache!

- did I mention family and friends? Thanks to EVERYONE that has provided the support I've received, you're truly wonderful!

xo h

No comments: