Sunday, March 15, 2009

And the countdown is on

This time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to go for pre-op appointment. And 24 hours from now I'll be a patient. After going through the shock of being offered an earlier surgery date, I'm ready to go - let's just get it done! I'll be up and running again before summer, and able to plant my own flowers. I feel a vacation coming on - well deserved! Meantime, while I'm in the hospital, I hope Jamie brings me a big coke slurpee!

Derek is in Ireland - Dublin today, Belfast on Tuesday - St Patrick's Day - being joined by Sarah and Colin. Derek met some Irish college students who told him St. Paddy's is a tourist holiday and the only reason the locals go out is to show the tourists they can't be outdrank. Wonder how hard these three will try to make liars of the Irish...

Now, to use Derek's blogging style, things that I have learned:

- mothers and daughters will try and protect you from afar. My mama tells me to stay home and avoid all germs. My daughter tells me to have a bath and get enough rest.
- fathers worry more silently. Nuff said.
- exes worry too - offering anything at all needed. What can i get out of that.... (heehee)
- cleaning house before going to the hospital just like before going on vacation, is a feminine necessity!



No comments: